Toluca Gringa

8,700 feet does more than simply turn you into a cheap date

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The water knows. I've learned my lesson.
I went to Tlaxcala this weekend. Up there in the hills there's a spot where the Virgin Mary appeared a few hundred years ago. In the trunk of a tree. Everyone was really excited about it and built a church there. Then, they decided that the water there must be sacred, so they built this little chapel to house the spring water. Anyway, many people hike up the hill with their cups and other vessels to collect water to cure their ailments. I happened to have a sore throat that day and thought, "what the hell!" I took a drink from the spring and a few hours later was doubled up in bed, where I've been ever since. My stomach is in such turmoil that I can't move and can't drink anything without puking. It's as if the water knows that I'm an AWOL Catholic. It knows that I was a smartass to the Deacon in CCD class. And it knows that I frequently made fun of Father Albert's Hungarian accent, giggling every time he said, "And on the TERD day he rose again..." Now it's in my gut trying to prove a point. Anyway, here's a nice foto of the place. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 5:27 AM, Blogger Max said...

Hi Kristan

Thanks for the interesting news about the habitable planet, it was amazing. So, At least, step by step scientists are convincing us that we are not alone in this incredible universe. After this reading I noticed that you have this blog and navigating inside it I suddenly remembered that I am re-discovering Mexico again.
Max

 

Post a Comment

<< Home